Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Network collection

tag
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Dish Network collection

Hello.  I have a Dish Network account that was opened without my say so by my ex.  I moved out of a house to get away from him, and Dish said I could put my account on pause for 6 months.  I did that, but three months later, I got collection calls stating that I owed $1100 for the equipment.  When I called Dish, they said that I wasn't authorized to put my account on pause because there was a balance on my account.  This was not explained to me.  They did inform me that I could pay $150 to restore the services, which I just recently did.  However, my CR still states that I owe the CA and that my last payment was to them, when I paid Dish directly.  How do I go about getting the tradeline removed?  Should I work with Dish or send the CA a DV letter?

Starting Score: 09/14 EQ 596 TU 587 EX 588
Current Score: 11/14 EQ 670
TU 602 (CK VantageScore 688)
EX 656

Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Dish Network collection

Never send a DV to the OC, send it to the CA. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Yes, I know not to send a DV to the CA.  I was asking if I should send the DV to the CA or just work with the OC.

EX 656

Message 3 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I would always work with the OC first to get them tor recall the debt from the CA so they have nothing to collect on and have to delete their account on my report. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 6
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Is the CA AFNI? If so goooood luck! Also why do you say your Ex took it out without you knowing, then say Dish said I could put the account on hold. Ether you knew about the account or you didnt! Turn the box back in, for credit & that will lower the bill.

Message 5 of 6
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Originally ex opened it without my knowledge. Obviously I know about it now

EX 656

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.