cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish network collection payed today now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dish network collection payed today now what?

today i called dish network to verify if they still own the debt that im in collection with or did they sell it. the rep told me that i can pay the bill for $90 thats showing on my report from stellar recovery(ref my original dish account). I asked him if he will provide a letter saying that after this payment is made it shows i payed in full. He told me when we are done all i have to do is print this converation with the print tab they have and it will show everything we talked about including the ref number showing bill has been payed in full. He also said once the bill is posted and cleared they will let the creditors know that the debt has been satisfied and its ok to remove. i got a email conformation as well saying i made the final payment directly from dish.

DO I NEED TO FAX OR FORWARD ANY OF THIS PAPER WORK TO THE CREDIT BUREAU TO GET IT REMOVED FROM COLLECTIONS OR ONCE DISH REPORTS THE BALANCE PAID WILL IT BE REMOVED?

I ASKED THE REP IF I NEEDED TO CONTACT STELLAR RECOVER TO LET THEM NO I PAYED DISH NETOWRK DIRECTLY HE SAID I SHOUDNT HAVE TO IS THIS TRUE? THEY ARE NOT CALLING ME OR SENDING ME ANYTHING AT ALL BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP THIS IS MY SECOND DAY ON HERE AND EVERYONE HAS BEEN GREAT HELP.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dish network collection payed today now what?

Depends on the creditor and collection agency but typically they will report you with a $0 balance and then you have to good will the crap out of them. When paying collections you should ALWAYS ALWAYS get it in writing with a Pay for Delete that if you pay the bill that they will delete it from your report or asking the OC to recall the collection.

All you can do now is call Dish up and ask them if they will recall the collection since you paid it in full.  If they update it as paid in full with a $0 balance then you need to start sending GW letters to the collection agency to get it off.

Remember: Paid Collection and a Non-Paid collection have the same affect on your score regardless.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fact that he said they will delete it Per our conversation and he said when we are done with the online chat print out the conversations which has there logi and the whole conversation. that will be the paper saying we agree to delete it and this is your pay for delete confirmation. Im just curious now do i send that paper to the credit bureaus showing that they agreed to remove it since i paid the balance off? Are do i wait to see if they delete it? And i wait how long?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The fact that he said they will delete it Per our conversation and he said when we are done with the online chat print out the conversations which has there logi and the whole conversation. that will be the paper saying we agree to delete it and this is your pay for delete confirmation. Im just curious now do i send that paper to the credit bureaus showing that they agreed to remove it since i paid the balance off? Are do i wait to see if they delete it? And i wait how long?

I mean at this point you have no 'formal' letter stating this... so i would try sending the convsation to see what happens... nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one else have any other suggestions. this is the 1st of the 3 derogatories im trying to get removed. this is my first time trying to do this by my self. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.