Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute CA

i have several CA on my CRA.  the OC were removed from my reports.  is there a way i can use the fact the the oc aren't on my reports to help me get the CA deleted?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute CA

Actually the answear is NO.   Just because the OC is no longer on your report, does not mean the CA has to delete unless this has to do with the CRTP expiring.  Are the debts paid or unpaid?  If unpaid, try for a PFD, if paid try a GW.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are unpaid.  i know the CA wont delete them, but was wondering if the CRA might have an easier time deleteing them becasue the OC arent on my reports

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

No, the OC doesn't even have to post to your CR, as long as the CA has a valid debt they can post.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

OC reporting is of the fact that you have some adverse information regarding your account with them.

Debt collector reporting is of the fact that they have authority, either by assignment from the creditor or by ownership of the debt, to attempt its collection.

Totally separate.

Usually, OC deletion is an indication that they have sold the debt, and thus no longer have a dog in the hunt, so simply delete their reporting in order to forstall any future issues, such as a consumer dispute over accuracy of any reported information.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.