Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Letter Response

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Dispute Letter Response

In efforts of breaking the 700+ mark I decided to dispute the last two remaining collection accounts on my credit report. I sent the CRA a "Request of Validation" letter Certified Mail. On the letter I requested orginal documents with proof of ledger, proof they they can collect in the state of CA, proof that the statue of limitations hasn't surpased and proof the debt is mine. Shocking enough a few days later I received an envelope with just a printed piece of paper stating the ammount due and the interest that has accumulated.

I decided not to backdown with my tail between my legs in hopes to scare me off by either leaving it alone or paying off the debt. I sent out another letter certified mail stating "Sending me notice of the amount I supposedly owe does not prove that I owe the debt; it merely proves that your company seeks to collect the specified amount. In addition, it does not contain any documented agreement with my signature. Please note I am not requesting a verification of your records. I am requesting proof that I incurred this debt, how much was incurred and that you have the right to collect it." Demanding they send the remaining documents within 30 days of the orginal letter or they would be in violation of the FCRA.

Today I received their response in which the letter stated:

"At the request of the Orginal creditor we have ceased action on the above referenced account. We have returned the file to the orginal creditor. Any report that has been made to any credit bureau by this agency with regard to said account will be deleted and should be disregarded." Signed by the Account Manager.

Now of course its exciting progress but I'm not congradulating myself untill I see this thing removed from my credit report. My question is, should I make a copies of the letters and Certified mail receipts and send them to all 3 Bureaus? Or should I wait it out and see in a month or two if this thing has been deleted?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute Letter Response

@TheFate wrote:

In efforts of breaking the 700+ mark I decided to dispute the last two remaining collection accounts on my credit report. I sent the CRA a "Request of Validation" letter Certified Mail. On the letter I requested orginal documents with proof of ledger, proof they they can collect in the state of CA, proof that the statue of limitations hasn't surpased and proof the debt is mine. Shocking enough a few days later I received an envelope with just a printed piece of paper stating the ammount due and the interest that has accumulated.

I decided not to backdown with my tail between my legs in hopes to scare me off by either leaving it alone or paying off the debt. I sent out another letter certified mail stating "Sending me notice of the amount I supposedly owe does not prove that I owe the debt; it merely proves that your company seeks to collect the specified amount. In addition, it does not contain any documented agreement with my signature. Please note I am not requesting a verification of your records. I am requesting proof that I incurred this debt, how much was incurred and that you have the right to collect it." Demanding they send the remaining documents within 30 days of the orginal letter or they would be in violation of the FCRA.

Today I received their response in which the letter stated:

"At the request of the Orginal creditor we have ceased action on the above referenced account. We have returned the file to the orginal creditor. Any report that has been made to any credit bureau by this agency with regard to said account will be deleted and should be disregarded." Signed by the Account Manager.

Now of course its exciting progress but I'm not congradulating myself untill I see this thing removed from my credit report. My question is, should I make a copies of the letters and Certified mail receipts and send them to all 3 Bureaus? Or should I wait it out and see in a month or two if this thing has been deleted?

If you are not apping for credit just wait. Good job.

Message 2 of 5
TheFate
Established Contributor

Not applying for credit for the time being but whose to say they even update the file?

I was also considering sending them another letter requesting copies of the deletion requests sent to the credit bureaus.

Message 3 of 5
kkbrown7023

Can you send me copies of both dispute letters you used??

Message 4 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well if the CA just stated they returned info to the OC. you can be sure they have the Validation on file. they did not say they were going to delete the file. they just said they returned to OC. Hmmm. i would not try and burn bridges here with the OC> but i would send a GW letter to them Or A DV to them to see what is up. How old is this Debt. Maybe they deleted it from their files. I would find out before i disputed with the credit bureaus.

The last thing you need is it to come back valid and they change that date of last report. Not your last activity but the last time they reported information to the bureau. as your score can drop. just saying.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.