Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Success showing on EQ only

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Success showing on EQ only

So I disputed a couple of items. I sent 3 certified letters to EX EQ. TU. So far one item was removed but is only reporting on EQ. What should I do? Wait it out? Or call.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute Success showing on EQ only

@Anonymous wrote:
So I disputed a couple of items. I sent 3 certified letters to EX EQ. TU. So far one item was removed but is only reporting on EQ. What should I do? Wait it out? Or call.

How ong has ti been?  TU says it can take up to 30 days to investigate a dispute.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

June 17th is when they received the letters.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
June 17th is when they received the letters.

I disputed from Credit Karma (makes my life easier) and it says up to 30 days.  I don't see any harm in calling and finding out where the investiagion is at this point in time.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks.
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA has up to 30 days to complete its reinvestigation. 

They then have an additional period of 5 business days to send the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which could be up to 8 calendar days.

Then mail time to reach the consumer.

A dispute can thus take 40+ days before the results are received.

If the consumer sent any additional info to the CRA after initial filing of the dispute, the reinvestigation period is extended to 45 days.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.