Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Success!!

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Dispute Success!!

I disputed 2 collections that were due to fall off this year with Trans Union and they removed them!

Capital One Credit Wise FAKO increased 13 points.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
10 REPLIES 10
Kikimin
New Contributor

Re: Dispute Success!!

Yay!!! Congrats!!!
My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 2 of 11
savagetyler
Established Member

How did you dispute? Over the phone or online? If online what option did you choose?
Message 3 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

**My FAKO actually increased 18 points  -  yay! haha

savagetyler I disputed online and for the collection accounts just asked for early exclusion in the 'other' box. One was due to fall off in June. The other way later but it was a $99 collection so maybe that's why they didn't give me hassle about removing it??

For the student loans I don't remember the option I selected for TU or EQ (EQ was done back in February successfully). But I remember making a note that they were duplicates of the NelNet accounts.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I want to make it clear here that we do not advocate the disputing of valid reporting credit information. When you request an early exclusion from TU they call the process a "dispute" but in reality it is a goodwill exclusion of derogatory information prior to reaching CRTP. The early exclusion should only be asked for via a phone call or a letter written into the CRA asking for it.

Message 5 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I want to make it clear here that we do not advocate the disputing of valid reporting credit information. When you request an early exclusion from TU they call the process a "dispute" but in reality it is a goodwill exclusion of derogatory information prior to reaching CRTP. The early exclusion should only be asked for via a phone call or a letter written into the CRA asking for it.

Thanks gdale. I want to say that I did this prior to learning this.

As in, AFTER I'd completed the dispute (to which I was ACTUALLY disputing other info), I learned I was supposed to call (or write) and ask for the exclusion.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!  I have tried with both EX and EQ but no go.  

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had disputed something on my report and because I didn't have any proof I lost, but then my report had change saying I had a recent miss payment, well I called myfico and ask what was going on, I hadn't missed a payment in over 4 years they said it was disputed it had started all over again. I did not know that would happen. But trying to understand the credit world.. if you ask for early exclusion and they say no would that start it over again? Again trying to learn as much as possible
Message 8 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In addition to what gdale said about a request for early exclusion not being a dispute because it is not an assertion of any actual inaccuracy, but rather a request of the CRA for exclusion prior to its normal exclusion date, a second reason for not treating as a dispute is to avoid any involvement of the furnisher (i.e., the credtior or debt collector).

When you file a dispute, the FCRA requires that the dispute be forwarded to the furnisher.

There is no need whatsovever for furnisher involvement in any request for early exclusion, as that determination is made SOLELY by the CRA.

Once the furnisher has reported the derog, they are not involved in credit report exclusion.  The CRA must then montoir the relevant date, and they do the exclusion.

Message 9 of 11
Poppa
Established Contributor

Late Congratulations!

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.