Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute a paid Judgement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute a paid Judgement?

Hello everyone i have a quick question....i satisfied(paid) a judgement last year 8/08 but its still not reflecting that on my CR.....can i dispute it? and if so how will disputing it affect my credit score positive or negative? Thank You for your insight.Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Dispute a paid Judgement?

Judgements will still be reported after they are paid.  Does it show the updated balance as $0

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not showin anything saying that it has been paid(satisfied) and its been paid since 8/08
Message 3 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I would contact the OC or whoever got the judgement against you and see if they have filed the satisfaction with the courts.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 9
brownee
Frequent Contributor

I had one like that. I went to the courthouse and they gave me a letter to send to the CRA's. It worked..they changed it immediately to paid.
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the proof it was PIF i didnt know I could go to the courthouse with that info!...and u said they gave u a letter to send to the CRA?...how long before they updated it to paid?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No matter what you send to the CRA, it will still undergo an "Investigation".

However, before you do anything with the CRA, you need to make sure it is reported as paid/satisfied with the courthouse or it won't get changed with the CRA.

Message 7 of 9
brownee
Frequent Contributor

I didn't have proof that it was paid, I just knew i had paid it. I called the courthouse and they looked it up. They told me to come and get a letter and send it to the CRA's. I did, and they updated it. I'm sure they verified it with the courthouse first, but it was maybe a couple of weeks before I got the letter back saying they had updated it. The letter actually directs the CRA's to REMOVE the entry, but only Experian did it. TU and EQ won't do it...but I keep sending them letters asking them to just in case one day they do it. Good luck with yours!

7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok everyone thanks for the info!Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.