Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute aged accounts IIB??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute aged accounts IIB??

I have several older accounts IIB that help with my AAoA but contain inaccuracies.  I disputed one and got a delete but it dropped my TU three points.  The other accounts are 7 - 10 yrs olds and will drop in 2019 (about the same time as my discharge).  Should I continue scrubbing my reports (and forget the temporary point losses) as my discharge approaches?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Dispute aged accounts IIB??

That's a personal choice and is really up to you. It comes down to whether the point dropped hurts more now or if you can wait until they drop off. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have several older accounts IIB that help with my AAoA but contain inaccuracies.  I disputed one and got a delete but it dropped my TU three points.  The other accounts are 7 - 10 yrs olds and will drop in 2019 (about the same time as my discharge).  Should I continue scrubbing my reports (and forget the temporary point losses) as my discharge approaches?

I would say it depends on whether you anticipate having any major credit needs coming up before the BK drops. Are you wanting to purchase a house? Will you be needing to replace your car? If so, leave them on there for the points you are getting from them.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! I couldn’t determine if I’ d get a better bump from removing them.

Message 4 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Me personally....Id leave them! I have 6 acts IIB reporting negatively on my reports due the negative wording of "IIB". Im not disputing any of that...those acts even though negative, are from 1999/2000. Same here...they drop in 2019. Im keeping mine, they are helping my AAOA/AHOA. lol. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah!!  I guess I’ll leave them alone.

Message 6 of 9
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Hi Pizza.   What is AHOA, please?

Message 7 of 9
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I think they meant AoOA, Age of Oldest Account.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 8 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Hi Pizza.   What is AHOA, please?

Helpful list of common abbreviations: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.