Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute flag on Credit Report

tag
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Dispute flag on Credit Report

I've read a few places here about people working to have disputes removed from their credit files. I have 4 medical collections (all related to same ER visit) that are still my credit report. Only reporting to EX. I tried disputing last year (before I knew better) with the CRA's. Anyway, those 4 accounts still read "disputed by consumer" on my credit file. Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure how to move forward. The accounts are from 8/2008. So they will fall off at the end of next year. 

Also, the accounts reported "no data" for years until I disputed. Then they have two months of "KD", and nothing since 9/11. Did I reset the SOL of 6 years?

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Dispute flag on Credit Report

@journey258 wrote:

I've read a few places here about people working to have disputes removed from their credit files. I have 4 medical collections (all related to same ER visit) that are still my credit report. Only reporting to EX. I tried disputing last year (before I knew better) with the CRA's. Anyway, those 4 accounts still read "disputed by consumer" on my credit file. Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure how to move forward. The accounts are from 8/2008. So they will fall off at the end of next year. 

Also, the accounts reported "no data" for years until I disputed. Then they have two months of "KD", and nothing since 9/11. Did I reset the SOL of 6 years?

2008? Wouldn't that be 2014 for the CRTP?

No dispute can possibly reset a SOL; SOL is a legal thing, credit reports are administrative..  they are just reporting information when you dsiputed because they had to respond to the CRA dispute, and that counts as activity on the reports. But it doesnt' do anything to change the DOLD, the CRTP, or the legal SOL.

The dipute comments arent flags themselves, they are just comments.. you can work to remove them if you would like. Since you initiated the dispute, you can call EX and work with them to remove the flags. If not, you can contact the CAs and ask them to change it.

This thread should be of help:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dispute flag on Credit Report

Thanks for the info!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.