Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute issues

Good morning y'all! I disputed capital one a few days ago. It's been on my report for about 4 yrs. The account was paid/chargeoff. Today that I checked my report it shows that there is a dispute in progress but the account shows as open now and the late payments that I had on that account have been put back into my report.. If you guys have any info please help!!!!!!! Is this just till the dispute is finalised?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Dispute issues

It should not have been updated to open for any reason other than the account is once again open for your use, which does not appear to be the case.

It appears inconsistent, but it does not appear substantive.  I would wait for the dispute to be resolved and see how it shakes out....

They can add prior delinquencies provided they are accurate.  If the account went to CO, it most likely had a chain of delinquency for each month from 30 - 120 or more days.

One of the chances you take when disputing is that their review might lead to update that fully includes all derogs.

What was the basis for your dispute?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a long shot, its been on my credit for about 5 yrs. I wanted to see if it might work with Equifax, I did experience and they cleared it with no issue and they also removed a late on my current card that I wasn't late on. They verbally promised to remove the co from my credit report upon paying but it was all verbally. @robertEG
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For future reference I have an app that automatically records any phone calls that I make or answer
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is a great idea shamrock

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It records all calls and the ones u think u might need u can transfer to a save folder and name
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.