Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute online or via mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute online or via mail

Hi there!!!

I am new to this forum and I have disputed some items on my credit report online. I am starting to think that this is a mistake. Please help. What has been everyone's experience?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dispute online or via mail

I have always disputed online and recieved the results via email once the investigation concludes versus mailing in the dispute and having to wait on the mail to find out the resultsSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 2 of 7
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

If it's a rather simple dispute, you can submit it online. If the dispute requires supporting documentation, it's best to send it via mail.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 3 of 7
FinanceGuy007
New Contributor

I agree with Cotton_Britches.  I have found it easier to just dispute through the mail.  Even though it seems like it takes longer, you still have the 30 day response window.  IMO I get better results that way, because the Online Dispute is just checking personal identifiers IMO and not the actually issue at hand.

Starting Score 12/29/2010: 475 EQ FICO
Current Score: 585 EQ FICO (10/10/11) 583 TU FICO (10/24/2011) 598 EX FICO (10/10/11)
Goal Score 12/29/2011: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there!!!

I am new to this forum and I have disputed some items on my credit report online. I am starting to think that this is a mistake. Please help. What has been everyone's experience?

Welcome to the forums!

My experience has been bad. Once the dust settles, then check out this thread:

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would suggest doing neither.

I would not dispute through a CRA, but rather would dispute directly with the creditor/debt collection using FCRA 623(a)(8), thus assuring all of my supporting documentation was received by them.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel bad now ya'll. I am definitely having 2nd thoughts. I disputed them online. Now I have to wait until 7-06-2012 I believe. I hope this works. I don't have much to dispute but I would like for them to come off my credit. If this doesn't work. I guess my next step is PFD's. Any success with these?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.