Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute or continue gw

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute or continue gw

I have 2 - 90 day lates payments I have been attempting to get removed by sending goodwill letters to Cap One. I had previously overlooked one detail on the reporting. My TransUnion report, according to Myfico shows the dates are off by one month. For example, it should be reporting 01/2015 but shows 02/2015. Is this something I should dispute or mention in my next gw attempt?
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Dispute or continue gw

It is accepted reporting practice that a creditor need not report each and every delinquency.

Reporting that is a month "delayed" is still accurate as to at least that level of delinquency.

Let it be, or you will likely get the addition of each and every sequenential delinquency by month.

Disputes are also not likely to foster an atmosphere of good-will, which is your primary issue at this time.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information!

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

How many times have you tried the GW? They may never budge but sometimes with any GW it can take multiple attempts before having success.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This next attempt will be number 5. Lol I have been trying at close to 1 a month.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.