Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute question and ordering credit reports

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Dispute question and ordering credit reports

Hi everyone hope you are all doing well. So I recently paid off a closed citibank credit card and now it reports negatively to the cra. I was alerted by score sense. I went online and disputed with trans union and equifax. Experian requires a credit report number. Since I was recently denied credit I ordered Experian and equifax by mail. Citibank said they would correct the wrong information and then sent a letter saying they needed a copy of my reports or I could dispute with the credit bureaus. So I guess I am in the. Process of doing both. I guess I will have to go ahead Nd pay for a copy of the transition report. Do you guys think I did the right thing? This is a true dispute they are reporting the account incorrectly.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dispute question and ordering credit reports

Anyone?
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you haven't order a credit report from the 3 bureaus in the last year then you can request them from annualcreditreport.com.  Otherwise I would just call TU and dispute with them over the phone.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Providing a copy of your credit report as part of the dispute process is not required, but is specifically authorized, and even mentioned in the new direct dispute rules as an item that will assist a creditor in their investigation of your dispute. 

You can argue that you have adequately documented the dispute without need to show that the information actually appeared in your CR, but I would just comply.

It is not an unwarranted request.

Message 4 of 5
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Ok I ordered the two by mail and will order the trans union online and print it out. Thanks for your responses.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.