Established Member

Dispute question

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute question

@FindUrPath wrote:

I'm very thankful for the great info I've found on this site. I just recently(less than 2 weeks ago) submitted a dispute on my CR for a collection whos DoFD was in 199 yet it was still being reported to all 3 agencies. Not sure exactly who but Im guessing the CA changed the DoFD? I can't remember which FAKO site I went to a couple of weeks ago but it showed that the DoFD being reported as 2005 which was when the collection was resold to a different CA.

Well EQ just reported back today after less than 2 weeks that they deleted the item off my CR. So they must have determined it was past the 7 years? I haven't heard back from EX or TU yet but my question is, is it safe to assume that the other 2 CRA's will follow suit as well? 

Thanks all.

I hope it turns out for you that all 3 CRA's delete but they are independent of one another and what one does is not binding on the others. Generally they don't talk to one another unless it has to do with a fraud alert.

Edited because I can't count. (Don't ask).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Did you dispute it with EX and TU? 

It is hard to say what they will do.  I believe they use different databases to verify.

Message 3 of 10
FindUrPath
Established Member

Message 4 of 10
cw81
Frequent Contributor

It happens  frequently  as one of the posters said the CRA's are independent of each other  so results  from one  do not necessarily translate to the other.  I had a medical collection that I was disputing in the past   drop off  TU with no issues  it took  a few more months to get it off  EQ and  EX but as they say YMMV.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It happens all the time.  One CRA will delete, the others won't.

It depends on how they verify the account.

Message 6 of 10
FindUrPath
Established Member

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When you dispute through a CRA, they very seldom actually contact the creditor.  They use a database, e-oscar, for verification.  If it's in there, you are verified.

Do you have concrete proof the DoFD is 1999?

If you do, do a direct dispute with the CA and provide the proof to them.  Only do this if the TLs don't get deleted through the CRA dispute.

Message 8 of 10
FindUrPath
Established Member

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it was removed due to a dispute, a TL can be reinserted.  If it is the CRA has 5 business days to notify you, which they seldom do.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.