Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute resolved, but no score change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute resolved, but no score change

Hi all, 

I recently submitted a dispute with Equifax because the report showed a student loan account in default. The loan was rehabilitated a while back and the negative mark should have been removed. Equifax resolved the dispute and removed the negative mark, however my credit score has not increased yet. 

When I disputed with Transunion (along with an electric bill collection, which is incorrect), the marks were removed and my score jumped a great deal 65 points.

Anyone know why EF score did not increase? Should I follow up?

Thanks,

SM

As of 8/1: EF 605; TU: 652; Exp: 655

Student loans: $25,000

No other debt. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute resolved, but no score change

Give it a few days.  Waiting for CRA's to update is like watching paint dry.  Smiley Frustrated

I've noticed that especially with Transunion things dont always happen in real time.  One day they will make a notation and a few days later the system will auto correct the score.  Its very weird indeed.  So maybe that is whats happening to your EQ.  I say give it a few days and if no changes then I would call them to inquire.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.