Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute results

Did you ask for validation using CMRRR method? 

The point of using a trackable mail service is to create paper trail and documentation. 

Do you have actual hard coppies of your CRA's reports? They have lot of detail about accounts and reportings.

If you believe it is not yours, you can dispute it directly with the OC. That will cut off deaing with the evil CA. 

Does it get updated monthly by CA?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly don't know if the original letter to the CA was CMRRR because it was sent through Lexington. But I've read numerous times that if the CA doesn't respond then you have to dispute with the CRA like I did with EQ. That was sent CMRRR.

I got a hard copy of my report and that's when I saw the 2nd listing of the same account, so it was added after I requested validation. I did dispute the duplicate account.

I am not sure if it's mine since I've had other items that weren't mine show up. I just wanted to make sure it was mine. If it is and they sent the validation, then I would have gladly paid it when I found it.

I tried to call the OC but they said they no longer own an account in my name so they couldn't help me. I'll try them again.

It shows last date reported as 10/2015. So it hasn't been updated since I found it last year. I think that's what that means anyway.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention, I got a brand new copy of my credit report today with my results from the dispute. Nothing had changed from the copy I received for my free annual report earlier this month.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I honestly don't know if the original letter to the CA was CMRRR because it was sent through Lexington. But I've read numerous times that if the CA doesn't respond then you have to dispute with the CRA like I did with EQ. That was sent CMRRR.

I got a hard copy of my report and that's when I saw the 2nd listing of the same account, so it was added after I requested validation. I did dispute the duplicate account.

I am not sure if it's mine since I've had other items that weren't mine show up. I just wanted to make sure it was mine. If it is and they sent the validation, then I would have gladly paid it when I found it.

I tried to call the OC but they said they no longer own an account in my name so they couldn't help me. I'll try them again. You coud ask OC to verify that in writing for your records. 

It shows last date reported as 10/2015. So it hasn't been updated since I found it last year. I think that's what that means anyway. You may then send out that letter I have IM you using CMRRR to CA. The point is to force CA to produce that documentation you are asking in that letter. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.