Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute results

I'm so confused about my results from disputing 4 missed payments! It says "The status of this account has been updated. The prior paying history this account has been updated. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item. Historical account information was deleted from this account."
Does this mean they removed the missed payments? I'm so confused I tried calling Equifax, but of course they aren't open today.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute results

If the history was deleted then it will not show late pays. You should have been able to view an updated report at which point you would see if the account is still in the potentially negative section or if it got moved to accounts in good standing
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an updated report but it only showed what I disputed. They deleted 1/5 accounts. It still shows account his story as 120days past due.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to see new codes under payment history. EQ is notorious when it comes to mistakingly updating history with codes. It might show something like L,L,L or somewhere 1,2. That indicates the history updated. A comparison of reporting from last CR to an updated one will help alot. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they coded it 1,2,3,4. That means it's updated and removed? This is a huge win! I've been fighting to get those nasty Lates removed a long time!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately no, they have verified the payment data and updated as "remains." They have verified that you were

1: 30-59 days past due

2: 60-89 days past due

3: 90-119 days past due

4: 120-149 days past due.

These codes indicates amount of times you have been late.

Please refer to the first page of your EQ report for codes and their meanings.

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm so confused about my results from disputing 4 missed payments! It says "The status of this account has been updated. The prior paying history this account has been updated. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item. Historical account information was deleted from this account."
Does this mean they removed the missed payments? I'm so confused I tried calling Equifax, but of course they aren't open today.

If you are trying to get valid late payments removed you would not dispute with the CRA but send a GW letter to the reporting creditor  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680      Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.