Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute results!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute results!

Hi, I recently disputed 7 accounts with Equifax and I received my results today in the mail.  The letter is a bit hard to understand and I cant really tell if each account was fixed or not.  I checked my credit report and score and none of the red flags on the account have been deleted.  I just received my letter today in the mail and I disputed last month, over 30 days ago, and am wondering if maybe it takes time for the report and score to reflect the changes.

On my 7 accounts, there are two descriptions that read, "This creditor has verified to Equifax that the current status is being reported correctly. This creditor has verified that the prior paying history is being reported correctly."

And five of the accounts have descriptions that read, "The status of this account has been updated. The prior paying history on this account has been updated."

So does that mean that the five accounts have been deleted and are in good standing and the other two accounts remain the same?

Also i checked my report and score and neither have changed since the dispute. So im just wondering how long will it take for the changes to take effect, considering the accounts were fixed.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute results!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I recently disputed 7 accounts with Equifax and I received my results today in the mail.  The letter is a bit hard to understand and I cant really tell if each account was fixed or not.  I checked my credit report and score and none of the red flags on the account have been deleted.  I just received my letter today in the mail and I disputed last month, over 30 days ago, and am wondering if maybe it takes time for the report and score to reflect the changes.

On my 7 accounts, there are two descriptions that read, "This creditor has verified to Equifax that the current status is being reported correctly. This creditor has verified that the prior paying history is being reported correctly."  This means that the creditors verified that the current information is reporting correctly, no updates, nothing deleted.

And five of the accounts have descriptions that read, "The status of this account has been updated. The prior paying history on this account has been updated." This means that account information have been updated, nothing deleted.

So does that mean that the five accounts have been deleted and are in good standing and the other two accounts remain the same? If anything was deleted, it would clearly say "account deleted" or something with the word delete in it.

Also i checked my report and score and neither have changed since the dispute. So im just wondering how long will it take for the changes to take effect, considering the accounts were fixed.

Message 2 of 12
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I have disputed issues with EQ in the past and in regards to the dispute process if a account was deleted it will state that on the letter you recieved. so in what your thread is stating no accounts was deleted unfortunately, also with the accounts being verified mainly states it remains the same no changes in credit reporting language, also check the accounts that was updated and see what changed was done hopefully for the better.  I feel nowadays the credit reporting agencies are really not taking consumers seriously when a dispute is in process and are really doing a lousy job.  Good Luck and don't give up in fixing your credit reports as EQ really did nothing with your dispute and there is no waiting period so if you checked you credit score after your letter that is where you stand.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks alot for the replies....What a bummer, thats for sure.  I had high hopes for a month, but no luck apparently.  They are just late payments so I guess I just need to be patient.  Any other way to take care of late payment flags on your credit report?
Message 4 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Goodwill letters are an option.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the online disputing with Equifax but they keep sending me emails asking for my driver's license, social security card and utility bill to be faxed to them. I don't want to do this, do I have to?

thanks.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallows--yes.  They won't do the dispute without verifying your identity.

If you're worried about other creditors finding you, etc., you should opt out of everything.  Do a search in the search box for  opt out  OR opting out.  There are basically two sets of things to opt out of.  But EQ won't investigate your dispute without that further information from you.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't they call me or something to verify this information? My license doesn't even have the correct address because I just moved.

I'm not faxing anyone a copy of my social security card, sorry.

Message 8 of 12
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Couldn't they call me or something to verify this information? My license doesn't even have the correct address because I just moved.

I'm not faxing anyone a copy of my social security card, sorry.

The current utility bill will verify your address, your license and SS card will verify your identity.  Equifax already has your SSN on file, so there's no danger in faxing it to them. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They never asked me for my social security card, but I did have to mail in a copy of my license and utility bill.  They need the correct address in order to mail you your results.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.