cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed 2009 Chapter 13 on TU due to being dismissed within one week and it was deleted!

tag
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Disputed 2009 Chapter 13 on TU due to being dismissed within one week and it was deleted!

I knew it would probably be for not but as a test I disputed my Chapt. 13 from 2009 based on the fact that I filed and then changed my mind within a week.  To my surprise I just learned today that TU removed from my report!  Test passed, onto EQ and EX!  Smiley LOL 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ABD
Established Member

Re: Disputed 2009 Chapter 13 on TU due to being dismissed within one week and it was deleted!

Great news, I will tell you I was in the same boat with a dismissed Ch13 BK from 2005.  Both EX and TU deleted with no issues, however EQ said very matter of factly that dismissed Ch13 BKs remain for 10 years!  This is a huge bummer because I want it gone.

I just disputed again last week with a letter I found that worked for some in the same situation on another site.  Hopefully they delete.  Just my two cents.

Message 2 of 8
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputed 2009 Chapter 13 on TU due to being dismissed within one week and it was deleted!

@ABD wrote:

Great news, I will tell you I was in the same boat with a dismissed Ch13 BK from 2005.  Both EX and TU deleted with no issues, however EQ said very matter of factly that dismissed Ch13 BKs remain for 10 years!  This is a huge bummer because I want it gone.

I just disputed again last week with a letter I found that worked for some in the same situation on another site.  Hopefully they delete.  Just my two cents.

You know I have pretty much just "gave up" when it comes to EQ!  They have ALWAYS been my lowest score and I know they will snub my request for the removal based on everything I see and hear!  Smiley Mad  2 out of 3 aint bad! Smiley LOL

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 3 of 8
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Anyone hearing of this for chapter 7's?

Personal:

Business:

Message 4 of 8
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Anyone hearing of this for chapter 7's?

The only thing I have everh heard for Ch. 7 is you can get it removed a few months early and again that is TU and EX, NOT EQ.

Message 5 of 8
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I read somewhere that if an item is removed from one bureau due to a dispute it has to be removed from all of them. Not sure if this is true or not. On a side note EQ has always been my highest for some odd reason. Which is fine by me. Most CU and OCs use EQ for personal loans/auto loans.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 8
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I would venture to agree with you. I had some collections removed from TU and they were removed from all 3 reports.

Personal:

Business:

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@robertkinder wrote:

I knew it would probably be for not but as a test I disputed my Chapt. 13 from 2009 based on the fact that I filed and then changed my mind within a week.  To my surprise I just learned today that TU removed from my report!  Test passed, onto EQ and EX!  Smiley LOL 

Grats, typically a dismissed 13/7 can stay for 10 years but I know its TU & EX policy to drop it at 7 years if it was voluntarily dismissed TU has given you a way early gift. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.