Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Collection and Had Incorrect Info Added

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed Collection and Had Incorrect Info Added

Hi I have a question about a dispute I filed... 

I disputed my PRA collections account because the balance was wrong (I have been making 50 dollar payments for two years and finally paid it off - not ideal, but I set up before I understood credit repair.) It currently says ON MY EXPERIAN REPORT that I still owe 73 dollars when it was PIF. They responded to the dispute by updating to PAID AND CLOSED..... and also updated the payment history that I "failed to pay" for the account for the last two years up to this month, though they were receieving payments every month from me for those two years (autopay).... It looks like I have ignored it since 2014, but in actuality the account was active and it good standing the entire two years. Can I request that the payment history be updated? Is that even something I can do? How do I prove that I paid them if they are the only ones who know that the arrangement was made this way?

NOTE - I disputed this PRA tradeline with EQ and TU - it was deleted completely.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disputed Collection and Had Incorrect Info Added

There is no payment history scoring on a collection.

Payment history scoring only relates to accounts with a consumer, not collections.

Any collection is, by definition, open and has a continued delinquent debt until fully paid.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed Collection and Had Incorrect Info Added

Makes sense! Thank you so much, now I won't have to annoy Experian with an unecessary call.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.