Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Judgment with EQ and TU

tag
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Disputed Judgment with EQ and TU

EQ removed the judgment from my report, and my score rose a nice amount of points. But TU didn't! What gives? Is there anything I can do from here besides wait 6 more years?

09/26/2010
EQ: 634

08/28/2014
EQ: 652
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Re: Disputed Judgment with EQ and TU

I guess there's nothing I can do besides dispute it again..?

09/26/2010

08/28/2014
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the judgment isn't yours then go back to the court that reports it and show them that. Ask them to stop reporting.

Message 3 of 6
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Well, the judgmen actually IS mine. >___> EQ still removed it!

09/26/2010

08/28/2014
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShinBeats wrote:

Well, the judgmen actually IS mine. >___> EQ still removed it!

Disputing items you know are correct and are yours is something like fraud, right?  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In order to dispute under FCRA 611(a)(1)(A), you must contest "the completeness or accuracy" of the item of information.

What relevant information could you provide the CRAs of the inaccuracy of the judgment if you concede that it is accurate?

I think EQ was just lazy, and you got lucky.  I could not offer you any advice on how to proceed with an apparently proper dspute rejection by TU.

If you dispute again with TU, and add no additional information, they can summarily dismiss it under FRCA 611(a)(3) as "frivilous or irrelevant."

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.