cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed One 30-day late; Entire TL Deleted!

tag
bpohl93
Valued Member

Disputed One 30-day late; Entire TL Deleted!

I'm actually somewhat upset about this, as it was one of my oldest accounts. It was from a Citi Bank card that I used to buy a racing bike back in 2004. It had perfect history, except for one 30-day late that was not even valid. I disputed that 30-day late and the entire TL was removed. I'm pretty sure it won't damage my score at all, especially since it was showing a 30-day late in 2010. However, it still seems like having that TL withOUT a 30-day late, which is accurate, would be better. Has anyone experienced this>? Is there anything I can do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed One 30-day late; Entire TL Deleted!

How old was the account?

Do you have others that are about as old?

If not, it would have been better to keep the late with the whole tradeline for the AAOA.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Is it still open? If so, it should report next month. If not open, then it likely won't come back. It happened to me when I first started repair and it's one of many reasons why I'm anti-dispute.

Message 3 of 6
bpohl93
Valued Member

The account was opened in 2003 and closed in 2009. My student loans are older than that (2001), and I have some Derogs that are older, as well. My mortgage is 2005 and has never been late. Auto is 2006 with no lates. I feel like it's probably best to just let it be, as it was a recent late.

Message 4 of 6
focused1914
Regular Contributor

do you mind passing the citibank info??    have a old charge off,   no success yet

Message 5 of 6
bpohl93
Valued Member

I don't have it. This was a dispute, not a GW.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.