cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed a few collections && ...........

tag
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

Disputed a few collections && ...........

So, last month 2/5/14 I disputed 3 PAID collections via ALL three credit bureaus && yesterday/today received emails from them stating that the results are ALL 3 DELETED!!!!!

I was anxious to check all 3 scores/reports, but since I have Score Watch I just decided to wait for an alert && today I got a SW Alert that 2 of the 3 have been deleted from EQ AND my score INCREASED +29pts!!!!!!!!!! SO, Im super excited to see how much more it'll increase when the final collection is deleted Smiley Tongue

Just thought I'd share MY GOOD NEWS with you all AND Im going to wait until SW alert the final deletion & then I'll purchase my other 2 report/scores to see how much those have increased #HappyGirl Smiley Very Happy

Goal Score 680+
Start Score ........ 2/05/14: ...EX 612 -TU 575 -EQ 567
Current Score .... 5/02/14: ...EX 652 -TU 655 -EQ 646

I almost paid for credit repair......until I found myFICO!!!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputed a few collections && ...........

@theREBIRTHofCREDIT wrote:

So, last month 2/5/14 I disputed 3 PAID collections via ALL three credit bureaus && yesterday/today received emails from them stating that the results are ALL 3 DELETED!!!!!

I was anxious to check all 3 scores/reports, but since I have Score Watch I just decided to wait for an alert && today I got a SW Alert that 2 of the 3 have been deleted from EQ AND my score INCREASED +29pts!!!!!!!!!! SO, Im super excited to see how much more it'll increase when the final collection is deleted Smiley Tongue

Just thought I'd share MY GOOD NEWS with you all AND Im going to wait until SW alert the final deletion & then I'll purchase my other 2 report/scores to see how much those have increased #HappyGirl Smiley Very Happy

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

That is Awesome! Looking for 10 on EQ for myself, certified mail delivered to CRA today! Smiley Happy Keeping fingers...and toes...crossed! Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 8
mabile
Established Member

Great story, great share.

Message 4 of 8
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

Update... 

Original message I stated that 2 of the 3 were deleted resulting in +29pt increase ... That was an error. Only ONE of the three deleted resulting in that +29pt increase

Today, I received a Score Watch alert that an acct that I paid down by 53% updated, showing the New Lower Balance && in return I received a +24pt increase for that!!!!! ;-)

Super Excited about this +53pt overall increase AND IM STILL WAITING ON 2 accts TO DELETE!!! 

once those 2 acct delete I should be in the HIGH 600s on EQ

#WorkingDiligently 

Goal Score 680+

Message 5 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Sounds good!

But I have a question, why did you dispute it? Because they were paid? Just curious.. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 8
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

Reasons behind dispute(s)

1st acct.) I received a letter saying "LAST CHANCE TO PAY before we report. I Paid like 2wks after receiving the letter (the letter did not have a timeline to pay (ex: 14 days/ 30 days) so I just assumed I had 30 days to pay. When I called I told them about the letter and the offer and the guy said ok. So he took my payment over the phone and AS SOON AS I PAID, he said "oh no, it looks like the account has been reported already" ... Of course I was heated!!! He said there was nothing he could do. So I disputed and sent the letter I'd received as my proof of their offer to me, to the 3 CRA and They sided with ME!!

2nd acct) old landline phone acct that I had stopped paying because we had a bad wind storm that disabled my phone service. When I called for tech help they sent someone out said line was fine, still no service. That occurred like 2/3 more times still no service so I said I'm NOT paying for phone service I'm not receiving I disconnected my service BUT they continued to charge me even tho I had no service ALL the way up until I disconnected... Well like 3 yrs later went to get cell phone (ATT) and they made me pay the collection before I could get the phone, so I did (over $600) .... I just disputed it because of the circumstances leading up to my disconnection && the fact that I NEVER received a collection notice EVER (seriously) ... Got lucky and they sided w/ME!!!

3rd acct). Utility acct. When I moved they were supposed to transfer my old balance to my new acct. Well they didn't. So it was an unpaid balance. When I found out about it I call the utility co & told them they were supposed to transfer, so they did at that time. However, they NEVER updated with EX (only reported to EX) that the balance was transferred and since then PIF. It continued to report as a collection. So I disputed and EX made them delete

Lucky I suppose... But hey, it worked!!!
Goal Score 680+

Message 7 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Interesting!

Thanks for the information, and congrats to you.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.