Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed accounts

tag
skidz
Valued Member

Disputed accounts

I am in the process if getting a home loan. I have three positive accounts that are in dispute. Im not sure how this happened. Once these disputes are removed will my score go up?  The disputes are all positive with no lates and paid as agreed. I disputed them but the company fixed them before that and now showing disputes.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputed accounts

@skidz wrote:

I am in the process if getting a home loan. I have three positive accounts that are in dispute. Im not sure how this happened. Once these disputes are removed will my score go up?  The disputes are all positive with no lates and paid as agreed. I disputed them but the company fixed them before that and now showing disputes.

Possibly, certain aspects are removed from Fico scoring while marked in dispute. You can remove them by calling the CRA and telling them you are no longer disputing anything on the account.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed accounts

Your mortgage lender likely needs to remove the disputes via their own credit vendors instructions. Don't do it on your own just follow what your LO tells you. I'm a processor.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.