Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed and verified, need help with MOV

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Disputed and verified, need help with MOV

What if the telephone number is already on the report and all they have to do is call to verify?  Should I still provide them with the name and telephone number of the contact person that I spoke with?  It just seems to me that I'm doing their job and I don't want to help them. 

In my case, I've requested MOV, or a procedural request, on a public record.  I went directly to the website of the alleged data furnisher, which happens to be a courthouse, and found that the information they've recorded on my report is totally, totally inaccurate.  I'm not denying the public record, but I am denying that what they're reporting is incorrect, even down to the docket number.

I also spoke with the Clerk of Court on more than 3 occassions.  She told me that they don't receive any calls from the CRAs nor do they receive any electronic correspondence from them.  I tried to leave no stone unturned so that when I contacted the CRAs they couldn't wiggle out of telling the truth that the data furnisher listed is false.

Is there anything else that I can do?  What happens if the CRAs refuse to comply with the MOV?  Is my next step to file an FTC complaint and submit an ITS letter?

In this case, the Clerk of Court told me in no uncertain terms that they could not and would not provide anything in writing because it was against their policy.  She also stated that they would never respond to a CRA because that would make them subject to the FCRA as an information provider aka information furnisher.  She knew her stuff.

Edited to change message subject after moving post - sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-22-2008 10:19 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disputed and verified, need help with MOV

I'm in a similar situation as you. EQ verified so they say a judgment with a courthouse. They provided the name of the court, address and telephone number. But here is the catch, they address is non existent and the telephone number is disconnected. They told me that they send someone to the courthouse to verify public records. I think not!

Today I sent an ITS letter. I have no desire to sue them but it's the principle of the matter. They lied when all they have to do is correct the information that is reporting wrong. It's really simple, they make it complicated!

Edited to add: I also contact the courthouse at the correct telephone number and they told me that they do not verify or update anything with the cra's.

Message Edited by wahmom on 07-21-2008 07:47 PM

Edited to change message subject after moving post. -sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-22-2008 10:19 AM
Message 2 of 3
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: Disputed and verified, need help with MOV

Do you mind sharing your ITS letter?  I think I'm going to have to do this with EX & TU!

Edited to change message subject after moving post. - sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-22-2008 10:20 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.