Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed double reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed double reporting

I recently disputed with EQ about an old auto repo that was being reported twice by the OC. As of yesterday both accounts were deleted. Does this mean the OC didn't verify at all? Or, does this mean they haven't verified yet, but it will show back up on my EQ report? Also, it is still showing on my EX and TU reports. I didn't dispute with them because it was only being reported once.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed double reporting

darrello wrote:
I recently disputed with EQ about an old auto repo that was being reported twice by the OC. As of yesterday both accounts were deleted. Does this mean the OC didn't verify at all? Or, does this mean they haven't verified yet, but it will show back up on my EQ report? Also, it is still showing on my EX and TU reports. I didn't dispute with them because it was only being reported once.

I'd say either the OC didn't respond or they responded saying to delete the accounts. Likely the first. They COULD show back up, but the CRA has to notify you within 5 days of re-inserting them and they are supposed to have procedures to prevent the re-insertion of deleted accounts due to disputes.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed double reporting

I hope OC said to delete. It is supposed to drop off in a few months anyway. Keeping fingers crossed. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.