Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed entry with everyone's favorite - Midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed entry with everyone's favorite - Midland

Hi all - so, Midland is reporting on an account that a) I'm not sure they are able to collect on since I have a letter from another collection agency seeking to collect the same debt and b) either way the balance is incorrect.  So, I initiated a dispute with all 3 credit agencies and received confirmation that it will take 30 days to make an investigation to determine if the debt is valid.  Well, I received a letter from Midland that as part of their "investigation" and are asking me to provide whatever documentation I have regarding the debt.  Can they do this??  I thought the point of validation was for them to show their cards to the collections agencies and if they can't -too bad, so sad.  Am I entited to respond?  I know that any information I provide will be used as an attempt to collect a debt.  By the way, the balance is off by $100 - I have the last statement from the cell phone carrier noting such.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
daddyaddy
Established Member

Re: Disputed entry with everyone's favorite - Midland

I don't think they can do that. Don't give them evidence to use against you. 

Current Scores:
TU FICO- 740 - 10/12

EQ FICO- 713 - 10/12

EX - No idea...

CK FAKO - 693

Starting Scores:
TU - 684 - 1/11/10

EX - 695 - 1/11/10

EQ - 641 - 1/11/10
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.