cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed lates and account completely deleted.

tag
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disputed lates and account completely deleted.

Obviously you still owe the money.  Just because it's off your credit report, it doesn't mean the debit vanishes.  Keep making the payments until the balance is $0.

As for what happens with your report, there's really no way of knowing for sure.  They could put it on your report when they send info to the CRA's for all of their active accounts at the end of the month (or whenever they do it).  Or it might be gone for good.  I'd give it a month or two and monitor the situation, but if it's not on there by December then it's probably gone for good.

Message 11 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@SanFranMatt wrote:

Obviously you still owe the money.  Just because it's off your credit report, it doesn't mean the debit vanishes.  Keep making the payments until the balance is $0.

As for what happens with your report, there's really no way of knowing for sure.  They could put it on your report when they send info to the CRA's for all of their active accounts at the end of the month (or whenever they do it).  Or it might be gone for good.  I'd give it a month or two and monitor the situation, but if it's not on there by December then it's probably gone for good.

I had NO intention of not paying back the loan. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Deletion from your CR was based on their failure to provide verification of accuracy of the disputed lates within the CRA reinvestigation period.

So you remain with unverified accuracy of prior reporting.

Deletion is not absolute, but reinsertion requires them to jump through some hoops.  Under such conditions, the FCRA puts restrictions upon any reinsertion of the unverified information.  If they again report the information, they must provide, along with their request for reinsertion, verification of its accuracy.  Different from normal vanilla reporting, which does not require a certification of accuracy when reported.

The CRA, absent the required pre-certification of accuracy, is precluded from reinsertion of the previously unverified information.  FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

Message 13 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Deletion from your CR was based on their failure to provide verification of accuracy of the disputed lates within the CRA reinvestigation period.

So you remain with unverified accuracy of prior reporting.

Deletion is not absolute, but reinsertion requires them to jump through some hoops.  Under such conditions, the FCRA puts restrictions upon any reinsertion of the unverified information.  If they again report the information, they must provide, along with their request for reinsertion, verification of its accuracy.  Different from normal vanilla reporting, which does not require a certification of accuracy when reported.

The CRA, absent the required pre-certification of accuracy, is precluded from reinsertion of the previously unverified information.  FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

thanks for the awesome info!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 14 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Got the dispute confirmation for TU today.

Item deleted from my credit file.

EX has already updated as well, but I did not dispute with them due to the fact that they were actually reporting the correct dates.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.