cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes and Goodwills: Who has done them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes and Goodwills: Who has done them?

Recently sent in some disputes on inquiries and 120+ day late payments on closed accounts, so now I'm just pending for those to return my way (thank you, Certified Mail).

I also want to write a goodwill letter for a card I've had for a while but have five late payments (one of them being a 120)...and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I know, I know, I'm losing out by procrastinating Smiley Wink

My question is, have many of you had successes with disputing and goodwilling baddies? I would be so happy if these things just fell off - I feel like my score would jump exponentially! I have no sort of BKs or collections...just these damn payments I couldn't make when I was in school (couldn't live within my means at the time, I guess). Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputes and Goodwills: Who has done them?

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently sent in some disputes on inquiries and 120+ day late payments on closed accounts, so now I'm just pending for those to return my way (thank you, Certified Mail).

I also want to write a goodwill letter for a card I've had for a while but have five late payments (one of them being a 120)...and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I know, I know, I'm losing out by procrastinating Smiley Wink

My question is, have many of you had successes with disputing and goodwilling baddies? I would be so happy if these things just fell off - I feel like my score would jump exponentially! I have no sort of BKs or collections...just these damn payments I couldn't make when I was in school (couldn't live within my means at the time, I guess). Many thanks in advance.

Disputing on closed accounts can sometimes result in the whole TL being removed so you want to be careful with that and only dispute if there is an error in reporting. GW letters are going to be your friend here and I suggest they be sent thru the mail to the office of the CEO or administrator as is the case in some student loans.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.