Disputes hurt my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes hurt my score?

So I have four derogative accounts on my profile:
2 collections accounts PIF in October 2015
2 charge offs PIF in August 2014

I disputed them trying to get them removed from my reports and when the disputes were completed, it updated my reports and unfortunately all four stayed on my reports.

But when they updated, they updated with the most recent delinquent date being in February of 2016 and it brought my scores down significantly. Is this normal? Why are they saying I'm delinquent for February 2016 when they've been paid for months and years?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputes hurt my score?

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have four derogative accounts on my profile:
2 collections accounts PIF in October 2015
2 charge offs PIF in August 2014

I disputed them trying to get them removed from my reports and when the disputes were completed, it updated my reports and unfortunately all four stayed on my reports.

But when they updated, they updated with the most recent delinquent date being in February of 2016 and it brought my scores down significantly. Is this normal? Why are they saying I'm delinquent for February 2016 when they've been paid for months and years?

They will show the current date as the updated date for the information -- when they last updated it.  This doesn't mean your late payment was this month.

This happens all the time when disputing.  The same information comes back confirmed and your scores take a hit.  They will come back up with six months or so.  It's stupid.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it will hurt scores but won't show as a recent failed payment correct?
Message 3 of 6
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So it will hurt scores but won't show as a recent failed payment correct?

Yes, unless you see a new "30" or "60" listed in the monthly breakdown of late payments.   If the loans are paid off, they can't show new late payments (or something is very wrong).  

I am thinking you have just had the information updated.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what it was they just updated the info. Sucks that it brought the scores down though, because it's showing under "accounts delinquent in the past two years" now. Ugh.

It was like a 40 point hit!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this thread is old but the exact same thing just happened to me how long will it take my scores you bounce back???
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.