Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes temporarily not factored in?

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Disputes temporarily not factored in?

My husband was reported 30-days late on a group of student loans and this was truly erroneous. He disputed it directly through Equifax online (did it before asking me). His dispute was about 25 days ago. Today, he received a SW alert and his credit score went up 40 points. Since the SW details don't show you any changes to payment history, I'm trying to understand what caused the increase (hoping the 30-day lates were removed!). It seems like it could be one of two things: 1) the lender removed the 30-day lates or 2) the disputes were eliminated from the scoring while they're being investigated.

Option 2 seems a little odd given the timing. When he originally disputed the lates (again, 25 days ago), he also received a SW alert just letting him know that the account information was modified to include "account disputed by subscriber" but there was no score change at that time.

Thoughts on the cause? I don't want to waste a Power Score on this quite yet and would like to wait a few weeks to allow a few other items to be resolved first.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Disputes temporarily not factored in?

It could be with his first alert they had not removed the TL from calculations yet.  But, if they waited till the 25 day mark to do anything, they are really toeing the line for getting it done in the 30 day period.

Its hard to say at this point.  Here's hoping the lates were removed.

Message 2 of 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Disputes temporarily not factored in?

Alright... I'll just be patient Smiley Happy I'm going to do a new Power Score in about 3 weeks so we'll find out for sure then!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.