Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes working against me

tag
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

Disputes working against me

I did a dispute on some old lates from 2005 with a BOA home equity line and a 30 day late became a 60 day. Anything you can do about it now?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes working against me

You could smack them again and try for 90 days. Smiley Happy Sorry, been there, done that before I started coming here. I've now learned to never ask for anything unless you know all the possible answers and are willing to live with the one you get.

You can try a Good Will letter.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

but is it legal for them to do this....if you were not 60 days?

can you dispute it again as being "inaccurate"...just does not seem right that they can change it like that! would it be bad to just keep on disputing it until it was corrected?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

uktaurusbulba wrote:
I did a dispute on some old lates from 2005 with a BOA home equity line and a 30 day late became a 60 day. Anything you can do about it now?

Was it a 60 day late or was it a 30 day late?
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

uktaurusbulba wrote:

One of the many side-effects of disputing is adding lates where there were none before. I would look in your records to make sure you weren't late and I would also call them to see when payment was received.

Early in my repair process, I disputed an acct that had 1 30 and 1 60 day late as "never been late" when I knew I was late. The creditor added 6 other lates after I disputed. Yes, I was late those times too, but felt bad for disputing that.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed !!!!!!!!!!!

Another reason to not dispute accurate information-  

contractor wrote:
You could smack them again and try for 90 days. Smiley Happy Sorry, been there, done that before I started coming here. I've now learned to never ask for anything unless you know all the possible answers and are willing to live with the one you get.

You can try a Good Will letter.

Message 6 of 9
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

It was a 30 day late on my report that turned into a 60 day. Didnt seem to have much of an affect on my already putrid scores. The late was from March 2005 so that is probably why. I am finding Bank of America to be very difficult to work with. I will remember when I have the leverage. They can be [edited] now but theres a flip side to that coin.

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-30-2008 06:56 PM
Message 7 of 9
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

One thing that sucks is that I am missing those months from my record. I dont think it was ever 60 days late. It may have been 30 days late barely but I do not recall ever being that late. Bank of America are big jerks I am finding out. They can justify taking the feds handouts but become credit Nazis to the people they lend to. Worst organization.This country should let all these banks just BK and stop giving them handouts at the expense of the people. The fed cuts rates like crazy on the rates they lend to banks and they dont pass it along. They can use any subprime crap to use as collateral and we make a few mistakes and we're in credit hell for 7 years. Something doesnt seem right here and I hope the masses wake up and abolish the fed reserve.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had the same thing happen to me....with them adding a 120 late. the account was paid off in dec. 07........but i am disputing it because it was supposed to be taken off....and i just saw on my account that last month they said i was 120 late.
i might have been 120 days late on this account in the past.....but they just can't add it last month....especially after it's been paid for in dec. 07. that is not legal is it?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.