Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes

First premier and JCS but I'm not even sure how JCS report since they purchased the debt

Message 11 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

First premier same problem. The issue, as soon as you dispute in basis of lack of dofd, or lack of charge off with payment scheduled, they will update the charge off to the current month of dispute.

EX saw this, and removed the tradeline. TU, they reported accurately. If it's the same on all three, call and ask to speak with CRA rep in US. With experian, I needed a supervisor. Ask for the date of charge off. Also, the date of last activity (eq, ex), and the date of first default (TU). If you have savvy reps, they will notice the violations. I didn't bother to dispute with eq, since it was coming off in two months anyway.

Then, try to have the reps submit disputes for inaccurate data (if they don't come back with charge off dates, and/or dofd's). Be aware that updating this information will lower your score. If they don't fix it, I went to cfpb with detailed complaints against the CRA reporting and the original creditors/ collection agency. They usually fix incorrectly by updating charge off date to current month, and you will need the help of the cfpb for this.

I also did research as to the actual violations for FCRA and FCDPA to add to the complaint. This will take awhile, but can be fixed.

If they update correctly (capital one auto finance actually updated theirs correctly on TU for me, and removed the repo date, thus causing no damage to score), you may luck out that they either remove because of invalid data, or they simply update the charge off date with dofd correctly.

Also, the collection agency needs to have the same date of last activity as the credit card, be sure to follow that up as well.
Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. JCS don't they are accounts that I'm trying to see if they should have been removed back in 2009 Fingerhut,  Action card and Solute. I just ordered my back statements for payment that JCS said I made on Action card. I figured I'll order for the year 2009 and 2010 just in case of some shady stuff.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.