Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes

I tried to read all i could on here about disputing.  Does disputing harm one's score?  If yes for how long ?  does the score rise during the investigation and then fall afterwards..  

I mean legitimate disputes

please ? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disputes

What is the information that is inaccurate, and thus would be the subject of your dispute?

While  dispute is pending, some OC account information is temporarily removed from FICO scoring, but returns as soon as the dispute is concluded.

Your score could temporarily rise of fall, depending upon your credit file.

Some disputes are primarily administrative, correcting information that is not of substantive scoring impact, while oher disputes go to adverse information that is directly effecting scoring.  What is the subject of your dispute, and are you currently in a credit application process that might be immediately effected by a short-term score blip?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am disputing balance amounts of PFD's on medical collections.  The PFD s show on Equifax but not on the other 2.  The CA suggested i dispute the dollar amnt which would cause the bureaus to contact them and they would reiterate to delete them

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is meant in disputing the dollar amount on a PFD?

Do you mean you will dispute the amount of the debt, or that they will not update once you pay, and not respond to a dispute over their lack of update?

Either way, the dispute would not relate to the legitimacy of the collection, and the resolution of a dispute would only require correction of the balance to what you assert is th correct amount.  That does not seem like the way to deal with simple deletin of the collection......

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a pay for delete on 5 medical accounts.  The accou ts no longer appear on Equifax but still do on TU and Experian.  I called CA and they suggested i dispute the dollar amnt  because then those 2 Bureaus will investigate and be told to delete

i received a very decent increase on Equifax once they were deleted.  Now i need the other 2 to also delete them

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a pay for delete on 5 medical accounts.  The accou ts no longer appear on Equifax but still do on TU and Experian.  I called CA and they suggested i dispute the dollar amnt  because then those 2 Bureaus will investigate and be told to delete

i received a very decent increase on Equifax once they were deleted.  Now i need the other 2 to also delete them

If they agreed to delete the collections then they should do it from their end and not be saying to dispute anything.... However if they have failed to report the current balance correctly then you could dispute on that basis.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.