cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing 2 lates from 2009 with Transunion, help?

tag
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

Disputing 2 lates from 2009 with Transunion, help?

Hey everyone,

My credit score is around the 650 range right now, due to some lates that occurred largely out of an error on my part (set up online bill-pay, forgot to enter amounts for 2 cards), and i subsequently recieved 30-60 day lates. Those have been paid off fully for months now, but I know they'll affect my score for a while to come unfortunately. Smiley Sad

Back in 2008-2009, when I was still a minor, my parents added me as an AU to their Chase BP gas card. They subsequently made two late payments which are now on my credit report from Transunion. A few years ago, I explained the situation to Experian and Equifax in a dispute with them and they deleted the lates and no longer report me as an AU on that card (which i'm not). My parents later entirely paid off and closed that account in 2010.

Transunion is still reporting those lates from BP. I called them today after pulling my report, explained to them that I was under the age of 18 at the time those lates occurred, and that it was my parents account while I was an authorized user, the same reason I gave to Experian and Equifax at that time. I also told them that they were the only ones reporting this, and Experian/Equifax had already investigated and removed these delinquencies.

They wanted to initiate a 30-day investigation, which I agreed to. 

What are the chances that they remove this Chase/BP eyesore from my credit report?

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Disputing 2 lates from 2009 with Transunion, help?

They should remove since you were an AU and it wasn't a joint account.

Message 2 of 4
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I agree, they should remove since you were an AU. It doesnt even matter that you were under the age of 18 at the time. 

Message 3 of 4
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

Great, that's definitely what I'm hoping for. Now I have my bill-pay set up correctly, time to wait for that 30 and 60 day late to stop having such an effect on my scores.

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.