Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing AU account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing AU account

My DW and I had a Chase card and BofA card when we filed, both had multiple 30, 60, 90 and 120 lates before filing ch13 in early 2012.
One was in my name with her a AU, and one in her name with me as a AU.

I am going to dispute with the cra that as a AU one is not liable, etc... but I dont recall who was primary on which card, and who was the AU.
I pulled our reports from myfico, cct, and annual credit report, but all show "terminated" as the owner...
I can dispute all of them as not responsible, AU, etc, but what happens if I dispute the wrong one, as the wrong owner, like try to dispute my card as not repsonsible...
They are all closed, zero balance and we're IIB. They report "correct", but I'd like them removed from each other's report if possible.
Just don't want to lick the spoon of the pot I may stir...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disputing AU account

You can either call the creditor and request that information, or contact the CRA and request the "ECOA Code" on the reported account.

The Equal Credit Opportunity Act code designates whether the account is sole responsibility of the consumer, a joint account, a "maker" (co-signor), or an Authorized User.

Technically, removing an AU account from your report is not a disputable matter, as you have authorized its showing in your report as an AU, and CRA policy permits, in that circumstance, the reporting of an account of another to your credit file.

Removal can be made by simply making the request to the reporting creditor to delete all prior reporting.

Message 2 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Do you have an old statement from one of the accounts?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have an old statement as they are from 5+ years ago.

I'm going to try and call chase today, as I think... I was primary on chase and dw was AU...

If I was the AU on BofA, I should be able to call in as myslef and ask to be removed.

I expect the rep to give me the run around as its such an old account...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.