Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing a collection that isn't on all reports

tag
cheychey99
New Contributor

Disputing a collection that isn't on all reports

Hello to all, I'm new to the site but have been lurking for a while. I recently applied for a couple new credit cards and was denied due to 2 medical collections listed on Experian according to the cc companies. I recently disputed them online with all 3 CRA. Come to find out EQ didn't have them listed on my report and TU had only one listed on it. I didn't bother to pull my EQ and TU reports prior to filing the dispute. Will EQ and TU investigate these accounts and then possibly list them on my reports?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputing a collection that isn't on all reports

@cheychey99 wrote:
Hello to all, I'm new to the site but have been lurking for a while. I recently applied for a couple new credit cards and was denied due to 2 medical collections listed on Experian according to the cc companies. I recently disputed them online with all 3 CRA. Come to find out EQ didn't have them listed on my report and TU had only one listed on it. I didn't bother to pull my EQ and TU reports prior to filing the dispute. Will EQ and TU investigate these accounts and then possibly list them on my reports?

Welcome!

EQ or TU won't investigage what isn't there and should respond to you indicating that. They cannot report it. Now the CA(s) can receive the dispute from EX and make a decision to report to TU and/or EQ. That's up to them, but that's a risk of disputing.

Message 2 of 3
cheychey99
New Contributor

Re: Disputing a collection that isn't on all reports

Ok. Thank you so much for the response llecs.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.