Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing a medical Judgment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing a medical Judgment

Can you dispute a medical judgment off for past SOL from original medical bill?

I have a paid medical judgment from 6/2002 that is due to fall off on 6/2009. Since the original medical bill DOFD was way before the judgement, is it possible to dispute that as reporting past CRTP?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing a medical Judgment

sparks4u wrote:
Can you dispute a medical judgment off for past SOL from original medical bill?

I have a paid medical judgment from 6/2002 that is due to fall off on 6/2009. Since the original medical bill DOFD was way before the judgement, is it possible to dispute that as reporting past CRTP?

If I am reading your post correct, no you can not.

Judgments have their own seperate CRTP and is not based on the DOFD of the original debt. It is based on filing date of the judgment.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing a medical Judgment

Yeah, that's what I meant because of FCRA 2007

605(a) Information excluded from consumer reports. Except as authorized under subsection (b) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information:

(2) Civil suits, civil judgments, and records of arrest that from date of entry, antedate the report by more than seven years or until the governing statute of limitations has expired, whichever is the longer period.

(4) Accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report by more than seven years.

I was hoping I could get this to drop a year early based on FCRA 605(a)(4) DOFD of 1999 and past CRTP. Sounds like I will just have to wait it out.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.