Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing after PIF - Pros/Cons

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Disputing after PIF - Pros/Cons

Approx 2 days ago I PIF an old FPB c/o (2008) after the 246737th PFD denial (like everyone else)...and got the usual "it will be updated to PIF after c/o in approx 60 days" line.

My question is this: is there any real benefit to disputing it as PIF (being FPB there's somewhere in the range of 0 chance they'd just let it drop after 30)? To me it seems like best case scenario it gets updated a few weeks quicker, and worse case ending up with a dispute comment I'd just have to deal with later.

Anything I'm missing?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Disputing after PIF - Pros/Cons

It may get it updated quicker. 

I would start the GW campaign to have it removed.  I know they typically do not but I know they do.  I have seen it on the forums.

Message 2 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Hey Guiness...haven't been awhile in a bit...took a break after a 427 to 664 jump in 4 months...the hours in the day kept running out, not to mention perpetual writers cramp. The new util will fall from well over 50% to a 0/0/5% so I'm hopin 700 range. Should be close.

Anyway...yup got 14 hand written goodwill letters already done for the FPB GW Campaign 2013 lol. Pretty legit really...hospitalization from DoFD til after c/o (verification enclosed) so atleast have a chance...

So you would go ahead and and dispute or wait it out personally? It IS a legit dispute after all (albeit pure impatience).

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, it is legit but I would personally wait.  You know what disputes can do.

Message 4 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Dammit, G, I was hoping I could just pull the trigger on it then blame you. Suppose I'll have to wait -sigh-

+1 as usual Guiness...in consideration of the fact that FPB is a strictler in about every case they deal with, the fact of whether I "did as instructed" (wait the 60 days) instead of making extra work for them just may come down to the deciding factor of a GW success vs denial.
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont see any issue of an inaccuracy in their reporting upon which to even base a dispute.

They have, in fact, stated that they will update their reporting in their normal course of business.

Sending a dispute that lacks an assertion of an actual inaccurcy in reporting can be dismissed without any need for reinvestigattion by the CRA as being "frivolous or irrelevant."  It imposes to 30 day reinvestigation period.

Even if the CRA chose to process the dispute, the current "inaccuracy" in reporting would be overcome once they receive the updated reporting of paid.

Message 6 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Yes, Robert, I most certainly agree after 2 seconds of contemplation. I have a bad personal flaw of an idea popping into my head and my mouth voicing it seconds later...with my brain coming in at a very distant 3rd place...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.