Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing at the 7-year mark?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing at the 7-year mark?

@MarineVietVet wrote:

If they are reporting past the CRTP why have you not done so? I don't often advise someone to dispute but there are times to do so.

While I have written letters to collection agencies to cease and desist for "their" ongoing collection attempts way beyond SOL and CRTP, I did not know what the proper procedure was for dealing with the CRAs.  Now that I have been properly educated, I will proceed accordingly!

Honestly, I really do learn something new here everyday. Smiley Happy 

THANK YOU!!!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

If they are reporting past the CRTP why have you not done so? I don't often advise someone to dispute but there are times to do so.

While I have written letters to collection agencies to cease and desist for "their" ongoing collection attempts way beyond SOL and CRTP, I did not know what the proper procedure was for dealing with the CRAs.  Now that I have been properly educated, I will proceed accordingly!

THANK YOU!!!

Someone can correct me but the SOL (depending on which state) only covers the window for lawsuites.  It's not the date or time frame on which a deliquency should no loger be reported.

Message 12 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, SOL relates to legal obligation to pay a debt.  If legal action is brought at the consumer shows expiration of the SOL, it is a time-barred debt that can no longer be legally recovered.

Expiration of any of the credit report exclusion periods is totally unrelated to SOL and governs only the continued ability of the CRA to include the information in the consumer's credit report. It is a block of CR inclusion.

Expiration of any of the credit report exclusion periods does NOT bar any party from continuing to report the information.  The periods are a bar against the CRA from including the information in credit reports they issue, not a bar on creditors or debt collectors from reporting the information to the CRAs.

Message 13 of 14
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

THANK YOU!!!

Someone can correct me but the SOL (depending on which state) only covers the window for lawsuites.  It's not the date or time frame on which a deliquency should no loger be reported.

You are correct. SOL and CRTP are two different things.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.