Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing through CMRRR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing through CMRRR

Hello everyone,

I have last two baddies to go. I have written up two disputes to send them by CMRRR. Because CRA are using PO Box mail service, how can send something with RRR attachement, since it requires a signature. I should simply send it by Certified Mail ( the one with 20 numbers).

Is it recommended to include two different disputes in a same envelop? I just dont want them to not give them proper value. BTW I have also included a request for MOV.

Any thoughts will be appreciated,

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disputing through CMRRR

I would recommend using a direct dispute rather than sending via a CRA.  That ensures proof both filing of the dispute and receipt by the furnisher.

More significantly, it will also ensure that the furnisher receives all documentation and arguments pertaining to your dispute, without any sanitation by the CRA via use of their e-Oscar electronic referral system.

Obviously, a direct dispute would only include support for the single dispute sent to that furnisher.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

I did indeed send a Direct Dispute to the Furnisher, but they have not updated it as disputed. I wanted to push CRA to do actual investigation rather than using a computer generated querry form a CA can simply respond by clicking the mouse. 

I have called the CA but they could not find anything with my SS. I have also tried their website with my SS and Account number that was listed on CR, it came up empty. Yet CA continue to verify to CRA.

Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have last two baddies to go. I have written up two disputes to send them by CMRRR. Because CRA are using PO Box mail service, how can send something with RRR attachement, since it requires a signature. I should simply send it by Certified Mail ( the one with 20 numbers).

Is it recommended to include two different disputes in a same envelop? I just dont want them to not give them proper value. BTW I have also included a request for MOV.

Any thoughts will be appreciated,

Its recommended you dont sent a letter to a CA RRR just Certified you can track it online and online proof of delivery is acceptable to use in courts and complaints. If you have 2 problems with a CA you can put both on the same letter, its a personal choice between one or more.

Adding: You dont want to send a MOV with any other dispute, its okay to send multiples on one if they have multiple accounts collections your are dealing with.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the nature of the disputes?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is CO that is being reported to Equifax since 12/09. OC has no records and CA could not find anything with my social security number. Even when I tried to access the account on their website using account number from the CR and my social security (as instructed by their website), it comes back "invalid entry, no record found". On Equifax, it is keep coming back "verified". I wanted to take care of this CO.

Today, I called Equifax and Rep said that it was odd that they just update it as is. I then asked what document Equifax recieved last time when it was verified, he said a simple form we submit asking them if the information is correct and they answer it affirmatively. He said it was odd so he returned the results to furnisher under an advance dispute for clear and valid documentation.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the thing with disputes - all the CRA does is go to the furnisher (either a CA or OC) and say "this is what we are currently reporting, does this data match what you have for this item?" Once they have matched up their respective data files for the item, any further disputing through the CRA is futile, IMO. You have to dispute the reporting with the furnisher. Now you say the CA does not have anything 'under your SS number' - ok, but thats not really relevant to whether its accurate or valid. My question is this - is this item actually yours, or is it something that is not yours at all? The answer to that determines the best way to approach this.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

No actually I do not owe anything. It is not mine but some how got mixed up in reporting. CA- the National Credit System is unable to match anything with my Social SEcurity Number. they are reporting only by name. That is why when I tried to access through their website, it comes back "no records found".

After you have explained, I now undrstand though, why it is keep coming back "verified." I hope this time it will go away.

Message 8 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you,

No actually I do not owe anything. It is not mine but some how got mixed up in reporting. CA- the National Credit System is unable to match anything with my Social SEcurity Number. they are reporting only by name. That is why when I tried to access through their website, it comes back "no records found".

After you have explained, I now undrstand though, why it is keep coming back "verified." I hope this time it will go away.

If its not yours then there is the avenue of going thru the ID Theft process    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that info puts you on an entirely different tack. For items that you KNOW are legitimately not yours, the most effective way to get rid of them is through the FCRA ID Theft provision. All you need to do is make out a police report and swear out an affidavit that you never authorized the account in question, send copies of them to the CRA's with instructions to exclude the item from your reports under FCRA's ID Theft provision. This is not a request, its is not a dispute, it is a REQUIREMENT that they follow the law.

The same docs can be sent to the CA with instructions to delete it from your reports and close the account as a potential ID Theft item. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.