Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing with CRA question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing with CRA question

I’ve read that the info will be disputed based on the reporting error like the not correct amount , date ,name e.t . In my case the loan amount is 120.33 but it reports as 120.00 is it a legit reason to go disputing rout ? Need to remove couple latest. TIA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputing with CRA question

I doubt they will make a big fuss and delete over .33 cent mistake. They will just correct it to read $120.33. But in all reality, yes you could initiate a dispute due to that. On the bad side of the account is not deleted and hasn't been reported/updated in awhile them updating it would make it scored as a new account in FICOS eyes.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The intent of the dispute process is to get information corrected, not to compel the deletion of accounts or other info simply due an inaccuracy.

As such, a furnisher always has the opportunity to simply correct an inaccuracy without requirment to delete anything.

Deltion is only required when the furnisher cannot verify the accuracy of their cirrent reporting or cannot correct so as to overcome the inaccuracy.

Additionalyy, a dispute only relates to the specific information under dispute, and does not mandate the deletion of any information not under dispute.

Disputig a reported balance difference of $.33 is so easily corrected and diminimus in any impact that it is also frivolous to dispute.

I would not do so.  You may need some future GW on the part of the creditor who is required to investigate the "error."

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve tried the GW letters with no success yet. Was just thinking if a disputing approach will work for sure ,but it doesn’t look like it . Thank you all for you respond , and saving me from making mistake. Will make GW my monthly routine and see what happens .

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.