cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing with bureau to speed up removal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing with bureau to speed up removal?

Does this work? I have a collection that the CA agreed to remove (they couldn't validate, and I honestly don't believe its mine) last week. I was told if I dispute it with the bureaus, it'll speed up their removing it from my reports. I've been waiting for my scorewatch to alert me, but nothing yet..

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputing with bureau to speed up removal?

I wouldn't because there are examples in here where disputing resulted in the account remaining on for an additional 30-45 days while the dispute is conducted. I'd give them 30 days before thinking about it. Some are very fast in removing.

SW doesn't alert to dropped accounts. It can alert you to increased FICO if your target score is correctly set, though not every deletion of a collection will result in a FICO increase.

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputing with bureau to speed up removal?

It's always better to deal directly with your creditors than to start disputing with the CRA's.  It just causes less hassles and less chance of screwing things up.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.