Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing with no account #?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing with no account #?

My TU and EQ both have a medical collection from January 2007 for over 1,400. I have NO idea what this is from (and still had my dad's military insurance then, so I would not have gone to a private hospital), and the report does not show an account number..how do I dispute this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing with no account #?

Also, what if one shows up with:

Account Holder: Not on Record

What does that mean??

This one was paid (settled) back in 2009, but if that "not on record" can make it go away, how do I do that?

There's another for $313 from August 2011 (I haven't had any medical care since 2009), and this one does not list an account number either. I think it used to be under another CA, so every time they sell it it gets re-reported??

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your situation falls under the provisions of FCRA 609(e), which relates to reporting of accounts or transactions that the consumer asserts to not have been authorized by them, and thus by inference may have resulted from potential identity theft.

If you are willing to put your assertion in the form of a sworn police report, you can send it to the alleged creditor and any debt collector, and compel them to provide to you all business records in their possession pertaining to the establishment or use of that account.  FCRA 609(e).  You can also send it to the CRA and get that information blocked from your CR.  FCRA 605B.

The intent of that statute is to assist consumers who would otherwise face the impossible task of proving a negative with documentation necessary to prove the positive.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im more concerned with the one from 2011 - if it is mine (I'm not sure that it is) from back in 2009, is their reporting it as 8/11 "re-aging"? The one from 2007 is 5 1/2 yrs old, so it can't be doing as much damage as the one from 2011, correct?

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends upon what their reporting was.  Any party can update their reporting monthly to reflect either changes in any information, or simply to re-report any information previously reported, thus stating no change in status.  Totally proper.

"Re-aging" as used with respect to the important CR exclusion date of a collection or charge-off refers to the specific reporting of the DOFD.

Consumer reports very rarely notify the consumer that a DOLA actually constitutes the new reporting of a DOFD. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how it reads on EQ   Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "496YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $313 on account number "XXXXXXXX".             

Collection agency [?] Original balance [?] Current balance [?] Date assigned [?] Account number [?] Account holder [?] Account descriptions [?]
            496YC00000           
$313
$313
Aug, 2011
            XXXXXXXX           
Individual
Medical

This is as it reads on TU   Collection on debt to:

Med1 Ca Medical Llc

The collection agency "Natl Recover" was hired to collect a debt of $313 originally owed to "Med1 Ca Medical Llc" on account number "XXXXXXXX".             

Collection agency [?] Original balance [?] Current balance [?] Date assigned [?] Original lender [?] Account number [?] Account holder [?] Account descriptions [?]
            Natl Recover           
$313
$313
Aug 20, 2011
            Med1 Ca Medical Llc           
            XXXXXXXX           
                        Individual                     

Placed for collection

I can't find any info on Med1 Ca Medical Llc online..and none of my reports provide any info. I'm sorry if i have so many questions Smiley Happy Im still trying to figure out this whole mess, and the best way to get this to go away.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And I pulled transunion from annualcreditreport.com to see my account numbers - but the one for 313 is scheduled to be removed 12/12. Should I leave it alone?

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"Scheduled to be removed 12/2012" implies the reporting of a DOFD of somewhere within the period of 6/2005 to 12/2005, depending upon what they are using to calculate the exclusion period.  The legal, max period is 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD.  So you have a kinda mushy DOFD, and no specific statutory date after which it MUST be deleted.

If you have no compelling need to app for new credit within that period, it would save a lot of hassle to wait.  However, if you need your score in the near future, it might be worth the effort to get the actual DOFD so that you then have a date-certain you can rely upon for deletion.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.