Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing...

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Disputing...

I just spoke to a finance manager at a dealership and conversation went off topic.  I was calling to get some inq's removed.  Anyways he said he used to rebuild credit for people and he said dispute everything.  He said they only have 21 days to respond and if they didn't it gets removed.  He said even if it's paid.  He said just send the dispute and say "This is not my account.  Please remove."

I have ready adverse stuff on here about disputing.  Any advise?

I know I'm beating a dead horse on those 3 paid medicals but dang it I want them gone!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Disputing...

Not good advice. 

They have 30 days to respond.

You can't knowingly dispute accurate information.  It is against the TOS of the forums.

Message 2 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  Easy enough

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

A dispute without assertion of an actual error can be dismissed without any investitation, and perhaps more importantly, is not apt to foster GW on their part should you pursue requests for their volunatary deletion

Message 4 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Robert, care to meander over to my thread about DV letter question and address the issue of a CA reporting prior to validating?

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

Robert, care to meander over to my thread about DV letter question and address the issue of a CA reporting prior to validating?

Lol.

It is a clear violation of the FDCPA.  Pretty sure a law suit would fix it.

ETA:  Just to be clear.  You never disputed this with the CRAs?

Message 6 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Guiness...I was waiting on you on that one too. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Lol.  RobertEG is a walking, talking legal library.  If anyone can give you good advice, it will be him.

I still say sue them.

Message 8 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Oh, I know.  I have so much trouble understanding some times.  So much info!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.