cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disturbing update **Update 6/5/12 @2:57pst**

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Need input on my letter to the court to have tickets pulled from collections **Update 6/5/12**

Id call the person you spoke with at the court and ask them if they would please send a letter or phone call to the CA to remove from your report at their request. 

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 21 of 26
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Need input on my letter to the court to have tickets pulled from collections **Update 6/5/12**

confused because you said that the court was not removed from the issue 

Message 22 of 26
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

confused because you said that the court was not removed from the issue 

sorry about that, I meant the court has been removed after payment was made.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 26
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Just call the court and see if they will do it.

Message 24 of 26
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Re: Disturbing update **Update 6/5/12 @2:57pst**

@dekelley1 wrote:

I got two tickets for riding a bus and not paying the fair.  However my previous employer provided us with bus cards and I know I swip when I get on and off the bus.  So I wrote the letter below.  The only thing I'm concerned about is the tickets have been paid.  Not sure if they can pull them from collections since I paid them, what do you think?

Dear Judge,

I previously wrote to the court back around June of 2011 concerning failure to pay fair tickets I received while on the A line; ticket numbers xxxxxxx and xxxxxxx.  I advised my job provided me with the Orca card I used from 8/2008 - 8/2011.  The court did grant me a couple hearins; however, my job was going through a merger and would not give me the time off.

I now have a sense of urgency because I'm trying to purchase a home and was reminded of these collections  As you can see the tickets have been paid in full to just take care of the problem since I couldn't get to the court house  I would like the court to view the attached documents showing proof of the Orca card I was issued, and have the collections pulled from my record.  If needed a letter on company letterhead can be provided.

I don't think it's right to require I live with these collections for the next 7yrs when they were unfounded from the beginning.  I know the fact that I've proved having an Orca card doesn't mean I swiped it before getting on the bus ( I always swipe getting off and on) but I think it's pretty clear the city was paid to allow me to ride the bus by my old employer, and now I've had to pay $140 each ticket in an attempt to clear my name.

I'm asking the court to please consider my circumstances and the proof of having a funded Orca card (more can be provided) when making your decision.  These two collections have clouded my credit, and I'm jost about begging the court to do what I believe to be the right decision and pull them from collections.  If a hearing is required for this to happen I am ready to show up.  My current employer has been advised of the situation and has already agreed to give me the time off needed to resolve this.

What does everyone think of my letter?

I just received a call from the court, they said because the tickets are paid the court has not been removed from the issue. . Had I not paid them the court would have pulled them from collections and I could have paid them directly as a worst case.  Best case the judge would have pulled them from collections and lowered the fine.  I'm so broken over this!!!  After I paid the tickets Iknew it was a bad idea, this sucks!!  what do I do now??  Alliance One never pulls anything back!  Do I have any legal ground to have them removed?  there has to be something I can do.

****@2:57pm pst*****

I spoke called the court back and was told the judge has not made a decison on this as the clerk didn't submit my letter. WTH!! The clerk made appointed her self as the judge and called to deny me..  The new clerk advised she has submitted the letter for the judge to review.  I can't believe this, is that legal for the clerk to do that?  how can you ever be sure an actual judge is making a decison on your request.

Update above.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Disturbing update **Update 6/5/12 @2:57pst**

Since this is not a court proceeding and therefore not a legal issue more of a good will do the right thing issue, you just have to be nice and hope the judge will now see the letter. Keep me posted I am thinking of u.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.