cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diversified Consultant wanting me send my credit report to them?

tag
dingram77

Diversified Consultant wanting me send my credit report to them?

They have me as owing a bill from sprint in the amount of $392! I find this out because I seen a bad mark on my credit report the other day. So I called them to figure this out and they ask me for my social and they can't find the account under my social then they ask if I live at this address I confirm and they continue to say I owe a bill. I then reply it's not mine and she asks me if my social ends with and I say no but kinda close. Well now she says to have it removed I need to send in a copy of my credit report with it showing the debt on it and they will remove it. I want to know if this is what I should do or not is there a better approach to this? If I do it there way will it end of screwing me? Please help! Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ZombieChow

Re: Diversified Consultant wanting me send my credit report to them?

If it were myself in your situation, i'd not share my credit report with anybody.  Instead, I'd get their mailing address, send then a DV letter, and take it from there.

TU FICO 534 | EXP FICO 493 | EQ FICO 516

Unicorns.R.Real
Message 2 of 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Diversified Consultant wanting me send my credit report to them?

Agreed.   Do not send your credit report.

Send a DV letter to the CA.

And a cease and desist letter to the CA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.