Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diversified Consultants - HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diversified Consultants - HELP!

Diversified Consultants (sprint)

I called on 11/06/14 and they agreed to settle for $374.00, and update the account to show as paid in full and said i can request a deletion from the CB after i paid the debt. They are going to send me a "acceptance letter" for the offer. Hoping that's good! I had an unpaid Balance $936 until today. Does anybody know if this would be helpful to my credit or should i call back and explain to them again that I want a PFD and not a show in full.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Diversified Consultants - HELP!

Hi jasity. Before you pay off the settlement, request a "pay to delete" letter from them stating that if you pay off the collection they will remove it from your CB. I would not trust their word without having something in writing. An acceptance letter of a settlement is not the same as having a letter saying that they will remove the negative information. If you don't do that the collection whether is unpaid or not will stay in your CB for 7 years.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not reporting that you settled for less is good in any manual review, but wont help your score.

It notifies others that, while you settled the debt, the creditor still took a net loss in dealing with you.

It is preferable to get deletion of the collection, but that is beyond your control if they wont do a PFD.

The CRAs have a policy instructing furnishers not to delete based on payment of a debt, so are not going to unilaterally grant deletion once paid.

It must come from the debt collection.

Have they specifically declined a PFD?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the rep told me their company does not PFD and that i would have to contact the CB to have it done. He also said after I paid the debt then I should contact the CB to request to have the PFD done. Im confused.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm calling them back and trying the old "my lawyer said" trick .. I hope that helps.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They were simply blowing you off.

The CRAs dont delete based on payment of the debt.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I called back and they did not agree to my request. The old lawyer trick did not work. I don't know what else to do and I have already set up a payment arrangement.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.