guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Diversified Consultants reported without providing DV

Message 11 of 25
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

To whom it may concern,

On March 25, 2013 I received a dunning notice from Diversified Consultants, Inc. collecting on a debt. I sent Diversified Consultants, Inc. a debt validation letter on 04/03/2013 via certified mail return receipt requested. The receipt was signed on 04/08/2013 and the green noticed returned proving that the company received the debt validation letter. Diversified Constultants, Inc has not provided any validation of said debt but they have since reported the debt to my credit profile on 06/01/2013.

By reporting this debt to my credit profile without providing validation, Diversified Consultants in in violation of FDCPA 809b which states:

(b) If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector.

Diversified Constultants, Inc needs to immediately delete (not dispute) this tradeline from any all and credit reporting agencies until they are able to provide validation of debt. I have included copies of the return receipt, the original dunning notice as well as the debt validation letter that I sent.

CC: Diversified Consultants, Inc.

P.O. Box 551268

Jacksonville, FL 32255

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 12 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 13 of 25
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Great! hopefully I can report back with some good news.  Thank you for your help Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 25
DCI
New Visitor
New Visitor

Hello, Perhaps instead of wasting time filing complaints, you would like to call and speak with someone? You can also email our compliance department at consumersupport @ dcicollect. com

Feel free to call 904-247-5500 and explain why you are calling, the receptionist will ensure you speak to the correct person.
Have a good day!

Message 15 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DCI wrote:

@Anonymous, Perhaps instead of wasting time filing complaints, you would like to call and speak with someone? You can also email our compliance department at consumersupport @ dcicollect. com

Feel free to call 904-247-5500 and explain why you are calling, the receptionist will ensure you speak to the correct person.
Have a good day!

It isn't a waste of time when you violate the law.

Message 16 of 25
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Wow.  Smiley Surprised

Message 17 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 18 of 25
DCI
New Visitor
New Visitor

@guiness56 wrote:

It isn't a waste of time when you violate the law.

I have to disagree. It is never our intent to violate the law. If there was a miscommunication, sending an email or making a phone call would receive a much faster response from our office. Feel free to contact us directly to help you get to the bottom of this.

Message 19 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think intent has anything to do with it.  If you were caught speeding, do you think telling the officer "I didn't intend to speed" would get you anywhere.  Chances are it wouldn't.  I've always been an advocate of paying proper valid debts, and I have the same passion with creditors following the rules and regulations.  Perhaps it will help them to improve their system and be more abiding by the laws.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.