Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do AU accounts still work?

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Do AU accounts still work?

Do AU accounts still work or does FICO not count this towards your total score anymore?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do AU accounts still work?

They still work but are factored in less than in the previous version. Originally they where going to be taken out completely but from what I read there was a lot of push back as married couples or business partners could have been adversely affected for no reason.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 2 of 12
user5387
Valued Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

Do AU accounts still work or does FICO not count this towards your total score anymore?

Here's a description of what has changed with AU accounts:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/fico8.aspx

Message 3 of 12
TheFate
Established Contributor

I'm curious as to how they determine if you're tradelining or not

Message 4 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TheFate wrote:

Surnames, addresses etc. Keep in mind your CR's show the name of your spouse. Also, those who rent TLs may usually show the accounts opened/closed rather quickly.  I'm sure I'm being overly simplistic as I am not aware of all the filters that FICO uses for scoring. 
Message 5 of 12
TheFate
Established Contributor

I dont think you're being very simplistic at all, you made good points.

So I should be able to join my fiances Account with no problem since we live together? The main thing limiting my score is Age of accounts (2 years longest), She has a few accounts 5-8 years+ old.

Message 6 of 12
IamB2
Established Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

Most often it has to do with the same household (address), last name and other such information.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TheFate wrote:

I dont think you're being very simplistic at all, you made good points.

So I should be able to join my fiances Account with no problem since we live together? The main thing limiting my score is Age of accounts (2 years longest), She has a few accounts 5-8 years+ old.

You can always be added; the issue is whether or not scoring/lenders will give you the same 'credit' as they give your fiancé.  For instance, Chase discounts AUs TLs in weighing apps in their UW algorithms.  Some have reported Discover stating the same -no AU accounts. 

Message 8 of 12
TheFate
Established Contributor

Do you know of any Credit cards that do AU accounts that would be beneficial for me? She has quite a few accounts, CITI being the longest aged account.

Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TheFate wrote:

Do you know of any Credit cards that do AU accounts that would be beneficial for me? She has quite a few accounts, CITI being the longest aged account.

The best would be Amex. Keep in mind,  AU accounts can only do so much.  Do you have negatives? Or are you just trying to age your credit profile?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.